Repeat prescriptions are for regular, long term medications.
Patients may order their repeat prescriptions by:
- Delivering the counterfoil to the surgery and placing it in the prescription box
- Online using the above link - please ask reception staff if you do not have online access
- Request via your local pharmacy
- Through the NHS App
We require 48 hours to action your medication request.
If medications are requested more than 7 days early, the request will be rejected so please only order 7 days in advance. This is per our repeat prescribing policy and current NHSE advice in order to maintain national stocks of medications for the whole population.
Please do not request paracetamol on prescription if you don't normally have it.
You can now nominate any pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to electronically instead of having to collect your prescription from your GP (once ordered). For further information please collect a leaflet at the surgery or your nominated pharmacy. Or alternatively you can watch the short video below
Request forms for this service are available from reception.
In return we ask you to
- Give reasonable notice when ordering repeat prescriptions.
- Not ask for routine repeat prescriptions during consultations with a Doctor
- Not to expect a prescription every time you visit the Doctor
Please allow 48 hours, excluding weekends and Bank Holidays, for your request to be processed. Any problems please telephone the surgery.